Saturday, October 6, 2012

New Glasses

Hello friends!! Happy World Card Making day! For those of you that know me, you know I am not a big card maker. I do make them, but it is definitely not my forte. Today I am sharing with you a layout I made as an entry to be a guest designer for Little Yellow Bicycle! All the paper and embellies are from their Escape line.
This is my adorable niece Evie shortly after she got new glasses. How cute is she in those glasses?? The design is inspired by the current sketch over at Let's Capture These Sketches- # 152. I love how the sketch design enables you to really use a lot of patterned paper.  Here are a few close-ups:

I used patterned paper from the line to make my title which is from Doodletype ('New') and Songbird ('glasses'). I used my gypsy to weld the 'glasses' together. Think I'm starting to get the hang of that finally, lol!
Really love these boarding passes. LYB makes a whole little book of different tear-out tickets and journaling spots. Really fun to play around with. I fussy cut some cameras from the paper and added them on foam dots for a little more interest.
Ever since I learned how to make these paper clip flags I have been popping them on every page. Seriously. But they are really easy, and a cute embellishment to add a little extra something to your pages.
Lastly, I fussy cut some clouds and added them on foam dots for some additional embellishment.

Thanks for stopping by today!! I hope you like my layout (even if it's not a card...) ;) Wish me luck!!

Supplies:

Patterned Paper, embellishments: Little Yellow Bicycle
Cardstock: Colorbok
Cartridges: Doodletype, Songbird

Challenges:
Let's Capture These Sketches - sketch
ScrapFit - Flags

4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous layout, and the glasses look great on your niece. Thanks for joining in at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUPER cute! I love the story it tells and love all the pennants! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for participating with us at ScrapFIT, this is a wonderful layout!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page
    xx and tks for playing along with us at Let's Capture These Sketches and ScrapFit
    Leila
    :)

    ReplyDelete