Friday, October 5, 2012

And I'm Back....

Hello my friends! I am back with a project as promised, and boy does it feel good to be creating again! It's easy to lose sight of how much something means to you, fulfills you or just plain makes you happy until you lose it for a while. So it feels AMAZING to be creating again. I definitely was a little worried that I might have lost my mojo, and I struggled a little with this project, but overall I was happy about it. Didn't hurt that I was doing a layout about Halloween- my favorite holiday.

My project today doubles as an entry to be on the design team for Sketches in Thyme. I have been following this blog for a while. They have some really fun sketches and I love creating from sketches. Here is the sketch I had to work with:
And here is my take on it:



My project is doubling as an entry into the Carta Bella Project contest, so all the supplies are from the Carta Bella All Hallows Eve collection. Here are a few close-ups of my project:
Most of the embellishments are either stickers, or fussy cut from patterned paper from the collection.
Alot of fun images in this collection- I love it!!
I added a little border- don't think I can make a page without something on the edge, lol
Lastly I added some gems for some added interest on this border piece.

I hope you enjoy my project as much as I enjoyed creating it- and wish me luck with the DT call and contest! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by, and I look forward to getting to know all of you again!!

4 comments:

  1. Heather wonderfully done...I wouldn't expect anything less!! Yay to coming back from your hiatus!!!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. I love the colors in the papers that you used. Great job. Thanks for playing along at Unique Crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to scrapbooking with you on the SiT Design Team. Your layout is gorgeous and I can't wait to see what else you create! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Heather! Just popping in to say congratulations and welcome to the team! Great take on the sketch and overall theme design!

    ReplyDelete